Massage Therapy is to work and act on the body with pressure using various techniques. Therapists press, rub and otherwise manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body using their hands, fingers, forearms, elbows, and devices to relax the soft tissues.
Massage therapy increases delivery of blood and oxygen to the massaged areas, therefore decreasing pain as well as used to decrease stress in the body. Massage therapy can aid in relieving pain, rehabilitate sports injuries, increase relaxation, improve sleep, address anxiety and depression as well as aid in general wellness.
At Khouri Chiropractic and Health Solutions, our licensed massage therapists are knowledgeable of the body and the various types of massage; such as Swedish, sports, deep tissue, trigger point, prenatal and medical massage. They work with Dr. Khouri and Dr. Herr to aid in your individualized care plan.
What to Expect
- Your massage therapist will ask preliminary questions to determine your overall health and your health and wellness goals.
- The massage therapist will consider information about your physical condition, medical history, lifestyle, stress levels, medications and any areas of physical pain that could affect your massage therapy outcome.
- This information will help the massage therapist structure the session to achieve your health and wellness goals.
- Before your massage, you’ll be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort.
- The massage therapist will leave the room while you undress. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
- Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided sheet or towel, which will cover your body except for the part being massaged.
- Massage therapists often use oil or lotion. If you’re allergic to oils or lotions, tell your massage therapist beforehand.
- Depending on your needs, the massage therapist will massage either the full body (except private areas) or only specific areas that need attention, such as especially tight muscles.
- After your massage, the massage therapist will allow you to slowly get up and get dressed in privacy.
You can book a 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute, 90 minute, or 120 minute massage with any of our licensed massage therapists.